Thursday, November 22, 2018

50 Things I'm Thankful For This Thanksgiving


Hello & Happy Thanksgiving.

I may not be American or Canadian, nor will I be feasting on succulent roast turkey, yams and pumpkin pie today *sob* but there's something about this holiday that really resonates with me and therefore I'm going to celebrate it in my own personal way.

I bloody love the idea of dedicating a day to being thankful for all that you have in your life. Especially because I'm guilty of taking things for granted, as I'm sure we all are, occasionally.

It's easily done. Life passes us by far too quickly and we all get caught up in it, rarely taking the opportunity to just step back and APPRECIATE. Appreciate all that we have, both the big things (family, friends, our health) and the small, silly every day things that make us smile.

Today I'm mainly going to focus on the little things, because at this time of year, I often find myself struggling with my day-to-day happiness, motivation and energy levels (f**k you SAD).

So, in no particular order, here is a list of things that help make my life that little bit brighter when the days are oh-so-dark.

1. Being able to pause live tv.

2. Towels that have been on the radiator, bliss.

3. Albie's 'cuddles' that are actually more like little headbutts of happiness.

4. How helpful *most* people are when I'm out and about with the buggy.

5. My dishwasher.

6. Tights that I can pull right up to under my boobs. Who needs spanx eh?

7. Big fluffy socks.

8. Options white hot chocolate.

9. An 8am lie in - 21-year-old me is is pissing herself with laughter at this one.

10. That slight dull ache you get in your muscles the day after a good workout.

11. Red wine.

12. Dark chocolate, ok, any chocolate.

13. Big baggy jumpers.

14. All the festive food & drinks that are everywhere this time of year.

15. David Attenborough's Dynasties. 

16. Bitterly cold but sunny winter days.

17. That phones double up as cameras.

18. My husband's foot rubs. 

19. Cereal. It's seriously underrated, no? 

20. Fresh bed sheets.

21. My gym membership. I'm a firm believer that keeping myself active helps boost not only my energy levels but my mood too.

22. My hot water bottle.

23. Memes.

24. Netflix.

25. This blog for giving me an outlet.

26. Game nights. Good food, games and great company. What more could a girl possibly want?

27. The return of Spyro.

28. Trips to the cinema.

29. Hearty slow-cooker meals.

30. Books that you can't put down.

31. Too-hot bubble baths.

32. Curry nights with the girls.

33. Blankets, all the blankets.

34. My 'days off' work that I get to spend with my son.

35. When my house rabbit jumps up on the sofa for a cuddle.

36. The countdown to Christmas.

37. Power naps.

38. When you're laughing that hard it turns into silent laughter.

39. Cute old couples. Or cute old people in general. 

40. Crossing something off a to-do list that has been on there for ages.

41. My new outlook on life that I've had since Albie was born.

42. Albie's un-jaded view of the world.

43. Freebies.

44. Comedy shows, films, stand-ups. What's life without laughter?

45. When someone asks how I am and genuinely cares about the answer I give.

46. Concealer. Enough said.

47. Driving alone with the music blaring out the speakers.

48. All my plans for December.

49. Chinese takeaways.

50. Blustery, rainy weather whilst I'm dozing in bed.

What little things are you currently thankful for?

Until next time,

Albie's Mum

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top