Friday, October 19, 2018

The Start Of Albie's Mum



I feel that with this post I just need to bite the bullet and get it published, otherwise it will NEVER happen. It’s taken me long enough to get this far - I’ve spent an age faffing around, setting up new social media accounts, creating a new look and feel for my online space and so on.

I just want everything to be just right, which is ridiculous as I don’t want to portray any element of ‘perfection’ on this blog. I want it to be real, unpolished and hopefully, relatable.

So what is Albie’s mum?

Albie’s Mum is (or at least will be, when I get my arse into gear) a blog documenting my thoughts, feelings and life experiences as a first time mum to a beautiful, cheeky, inquisitive one year old boy named Albie.

I am an over-sharer, over-thinker and a massive advocate of honesty when it comes to parenting. Motherhood is lonely enough at times as it is, so it’s very important to me that I not only write about the good, but the bad and the ugly too. All parents will occasionally have ‘one of those days’ where they wonder if it’s legal to sell their offspring on eBay. 

Joking aside, I strongly believe that, apart from the obvious, there are no set rules for raising kids. Instinct is a powerful thing and as long as they are healthy, happy and loved then everything else will slot into place. 

Anyway, although blogging for me is cathartic hobby, I hope some of you will join me on my journey. I can’t wait to get started.

Bye for now,

Albie’s mum

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top